Saturday 12 December 2015

Bloom Event Update - Brassocattleya binosa

When I first started this blog, my first post was about Brassocattleya binosa. I have several plants which are just approaching flowering size. I had talked about the disappointing markings on the petals of the flower that was open a few weeks ago. Well I'm pleased to say that another plant has opened a flower which has much better form. Maybe these plants are seedlings and are quite variable, but as you can see in the photo below, this one is much improved.


Note the lack of markings on the petals (aside from the lip, of course). I shall mark this plant out as having good form. I know it isn't perfect, but it is promising for a first blooming. There is a third plant in bud, but the bloom looks like it will be misshapen, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment