Monday 7 December 2015

New Orchid - Coelogyne neroli cannon

Bought this off eBay. It arrived this morning via Hermes, who I think must have played tennis with it. All medium out of the pot, poor thing. I'll admit it could have been a tad better wrapped, but still. I nearly always repot new orchids anyway so no harm done.
Neroli Cannon is a hybrid between C. speciosa and C. fragrans so I'm quite excited to see it bloom. Flowers should be large, nodding and produced from new growth.
I imagine the speciosa parent will make this hybrid very hard wearing (just like all the other speciosa hybrids seem to be). Speciosa always seems to be dominant and from the look of this plant, that theme continues.
I can see a new growth emerging so fingers crossed I can get it into bloom within a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment